My apologies! I posted a picture of these banana peppers on my Instagram account and I never got around to actually posting the recipe...
My husband and I have been doing a lot of our grocery shopping at H-Mart an Asian grocery store close to our house. Their selection of produce and meats really can't be beat for the price. I bought a pack of 6 banana peppers for less than $2!
I have been off and on on the low carb diet, mostly off, but I am back at it. Today is my fourth day back on the low carb diet. This recipe is low carb and would be great for Superbowl parties.
Stuffed Banana Peppers
6 medium sized banana peppers
1 package regular cream cheese (softened)
1/2 roll ground sausage (browned)
pinch of garlic salt (more or less depending on your preference)
pinch of onion powder (more or less depending on your preference)
1. Using disposable gloves, cut the top off of the banana peppers then cut a slit from the top of the pepper about 3/4 way down the pepper. Remove the seeds. Remove your gloves carefully and set aside for use later.
2. Mix the softened cream cheese, sausage, garlic salt, and onion powder together in a mixing bowl.
3. Turn your oven on to broil.
4. Put your disposable gloves back on. Stuff the banana peppers with the mixture using a spoon, plastic baggie with the end snipped off, pastry filling bag, whatever works for you. I used a plastic baggie.
5. Place the peppers on a baking sheet and rub the peppers with a little bit of olive oil.
6. Place the peppers under the broiler and cook until the skins of the peppers blister and the cream cheese starts to ooze.
*If you don't have disposable gloves to use in the kitchen, make sure that you thoroughly wash your hands with plenty of soap and water after handling the peppers or else you will feel the burn!
|Cooper got his own banana pepper!|